TECC-LEO - Tactical Emergency Casualty Care for Law Enforcement & First Responders -
*** CA POST CERTIFIED, PLAN NA, COURSE 21772 ***
This National Association of Emergency Medical
Technicians (NAEMT) course was developed in 2015,
in collaboration with Denver Health Systems.
This 8 hour course is designed for public safety first
responders, and teaches the basic medical interventions
of the TECC protocols, applied in a tactical setting, on duty,
such as an active shooter event or mass casualty incident.
What will you learn ?
In this CAPOST certified course, you will:
- Learn the history and evolution of TCCC/TECC concepts.
- Learn how to perform a rapid trauma assessment, and learn to recognize
immediate life-threatening conditions.
- Learn how to treat massive bleeding through the rapid application of
tourniquets, hemostatic gauze, and pressure bandages.
- Learn how to mitigate, treat, and manage critical burn trauma.
- Learn how to treat and manage airway issues.
- Learn how to treat and manage penetrating chest wounds using combat
- Learn how to care for traumatic shock and hypothermia.
- Learn how to perform emergency rescues.
You will practice hands-on with actual and simulated trauma care components in both classroom drills and reality based scenarios.
Are Trauma Kits available ?
A custom spec Tactical Medical Solutions Patrol Trauma Kit is available.
The kit contains:
- Drop leg trauma pouch
- Tourniquet belt pouch
- SOF-T Gen 5 Tourniquet
- CELOX Rapid Hemostatic Gauze
- CELOX Ribbon Hemostatic Gauze
- Olaes Trauma Bandage
- HALO Combat Chest Seals
- EMT Shears
- Emergency Heat Blanket
- HD Nitrile Gloves
Swift Tactical is an Authorized Vendor for Tactical Medical Solutions
What will you take with you ?
You will gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to perform swift life-saving techniques in critical trauma emergencies. You will be able to apply these skills on duty, to save yourself, your partners, and the lives of innocent victims, during mass casualty and trauma incidents, and off duty to render life-saving care to yourself, your family and friends, or other victims of traumatic accidents.
CA Peace Officers will receive 8hrs of CA POST training credits.
Current EMTs and Paramedics will receive 8hrs of CAPCE continuing education credits.