TECC-LEO - Tactical Emergency Casualty Care for Law Enforcement Officers & First Responders -
*** CA POST CERTIFIED, PLAN IV, COURSE 21772 ***
This National Association of Emergency Medical
Technicians (NAEMT) course was developed
in 2015, in collaboration with Denver Health
This 8 hour course is designed for public safety
first responders, and teaches the basic medical
interventions of the TECC protocols, applied in a
tactical setting, on duty, such as an active
shooter event or mass casualty incident.
What will you learn ?
In this NAEMT / CAPOST certified course, you will:
- Learn the correct prioritization of injury care in threat
environments, including Mass Casualty Incidents.
- Learn how to perform a rapid trauma assessment, and learn
to recognize immediate life-threatening conditions caused
from penetrating, blunt, burn, and blast trauma.
- Learn how to treat massive bleeding through the rapid
application of tourniquets, hemostatic gauze, and pressure
- Learn how to mitigate, treat, and manage critical burn
trauma from direct Fire as a Weapon attacks.
- Learn how to treat and manage airway issues using airway
adjuncts and breathing devices.
- Learn how to treat and manage penetrating chest wounds
using occlusive chest seals.
- Learn how to treat and manage head injuries.
- Learn how to care for traumatic hypothermia.
- Learn how to perform emergency rescues.
You will practice hands-on with actual and simulated trauma care
components in both classroom drills and reality based scenarios.
Are Trauma Kits available ?
A custom spec Tactical Medical Solutions Patrol Trauma Kit is available.
The kit contains:
- Drop leg trauma pouch
- Tourniquet belt pouch
- SOF-T Gen 5 Tourniquet
- CELOX Rapid Hemostatic Gauze
- CELOX Ribbon Hemostatic Gauze
- Olaes Trauma Bandage
- HALO Combat Chest Seals
- EMT Shears
- Emergency Heat Blanket
- HD Nitrile Gloves
Swift Tactical is an Authorized Vendor for Tactical Medical Solutions
What will you take with you ?
You will gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to perform swift life-saving techniques in critical trauma emergencies. You will be able to apply these skills on duty, to save yourself, your partners, and the lives of innocent victims, during mass casualty and trauma incidents, and off duty to render life-saving care to yourself, your family and friends, or other victims of traumatic accidents.
CA Peace Officers will receive 8hrs of CA POST training credits.
Course is CA POST Plan IV - Reimbursable travel & per diem costs.
Current EMTs and Paramedics will receive 8hrs of CAPCE continuing education credits.